A baby monitor is a great option when you want to ensure that your baby stays safe while sleeping or playing in a separate room. It not only helps to keep baby sleeping soundly during the night, but also allows parents to enjoy their sleep as well.
Unlike earlier model generations, today’s baby monitors are innovative, reliable, and portable. Now you can buy one with a wide range of features, including lullabies, smartphone apps, temperature sensors, movement sensors, and talkback.
However, here, we will talk about the baby monitor that allows you to talk back to your child. So, let’s start exploring such a gadget without any further delay.
How the Talkback Feature Works
A talkback baby monitor is a radio system, which makes it possible to remotely listen to the sounds of your baby. Usually, these monitors work well when within a specific range. As for the hardware, the audio monitor comprises a transmitter unit with a built-in microphone.
The transmitter is usually placed near the baby or toddler. It sends the sound of the baby via radio waves. The receiver picks up the radio waves and turns them into sound. The receiver stays with the parent or anyone who is taking care of the infant.
Reasons to Use a Talkback Baby Monitor
Normally, baby monitors let you know when the baby cries or awakes. You can clearly see the baby and hear the sound. It provides you with a sense of security that your child is safe, and you can take care of them whenever required.
A talkback baby monitor offers two-way communication. You can talk to and hear your child without leaving your bed. Moreover, you can play awesome lullabies to help reassure your child and help them return to sleep quickly. The best thing about this feature is that you can control the volume or change a lullaby via the parent unit.
This isn’t possible when you are using a toy or any other audio device. If the kids are making noise, you can hit the button and ask them to calm down. In fact, it is the best way to communicate with your child without leaving your room.
The following are some of the other reasons why you should think about using a talkback baby monitor.
- You can talk to the child and know why they need you
- You don’t need to enter the room repeatedly to know what your baby wants
- It gives you a sense of security that your child is not having any type of fear while sleeping in another room
- Talkback baby monitor gives you the opportunity to teach your kids how to perform different activities without leaving your room
- You don’t need to leave the bed and wake your kids up, as now you can do it via a talkback monitor
- You can even tell them bedtime stories while working in the kitchen
Troubleshooting the Issues
While using a talkback baby monitor, you may come across some common issue. In order to resolve such issues, here are a few troubleshooting tips.
- If you are not able to hear the voice, try to increase the volume of the parent’s unit
- Make sure to release the speak button after talking to your child. If the button is still pressed, you won’t be able to hear the sound coming from your baby’s room
- When one of the units is out of range, try coming closer to your baby’s room for better reception
- Check the connections to verify that the transmitter is connected properly or it is not covered by toys or other stuff
Why a Talkback Baby Monitor isn’t a Viable Choice for Some Parents
Babies recognize the voice of their parents, but there is a lot of difference between a natural sound and one that comes through a speaker. Therefore, some babies don’t respond well to such a sound. This is one of the basic reasons why some parents don’t like the idea of talking back to their kids via a talkback baby monitor. Usually, when a babies cry, they are looking for the touch only a parent can give.This is a feeling, which even a high-tech gadget or device can’t deliver. In addition, some parents are of the view that talking back to their babies through such a monitor can freak them out.
Just like any other baby monitor, a baby monitor that you can talk back through helps you to stay vigilant and take care of your kids when not physically present in their room. The salient feature of this kind of baby monitor is the ability to talk to the baby and receive their response.